This two level beachfront home at Bushland Beach was named the Queensland Master Builders Association's 2011 North Queensland House of the Year and also took out the Trevor Mustley Perpetual Award for quality workmanship.
The house was designed by Peter Scott of Townsville's Tippett Schrock Architects, and affords views of Magnetic Island and, on a clear day, Palm Island and Hinchinbrook Island.
The ground level features an entry foyer, large kitchen, spacious living and dining area with stone feature wall, and a main bedroom with a walk-in wardrobe and ensuite.
On the second level there are two bedrooms, one with an ensuite, as well as a main bathroom and a teenager's retreat.
There is also a guest wing above the garage, comprising a bedroom, lounge and bathroom.
The interior and exterior spaces flow seamlessly into each other and the design maximises the advantages of the location, capturing magnificent views and the sea breezes.
Some of the many outstanding features are;
* Fully tiled; bathrooms are floor to ceiling and two of which are marble.
* Dream kitchen opening onto the terraced area overlooking the beach with modern appliances including two built-in fridges (with ice-maker and chilled water), two built-in freezers, coffee maker, 2 microwave ovens, stainless steel drink fridge, wine fridge, dishwasher and a large centre island bench and a breakfast bar.
* Lounge area upstairs and another downstairs.
* FOUR showers and toilets; 2 up and 2 down.
* Two Hot Water Systems
* The separate garage building houses four cars plus a workshop area and tiled laundry. Above this area is a concrete ceiling and guest accommodation comprising a bedroom, lounge and bathroom.
* Huge verandahs and decks to maximise the unlimited beach views.
* Front gate has intercom, camera and keypad so you can speak, view and open from the house.
* Fully concreted driveway, landscaped and irrigated both sides.
* Recycling system for all waste water to irrigation if wanted and also a freshwater holding tank for stormwater to irrigation purposes.
* Solar power and is wired to be run of a generator if needed.
* INGROUND POOL with endless edge of 10 metres (again to maximise the beachfront position) and air and water spas.
* Remote control lighting and spa control and solar heating.
* Manicured lawns.
* NO COUNCIL SETBACKS to this property which is now a rarity as they are no longer given.
* Surrounded by Council parkland.
This home exudes a subdued elegance and the quality and attention to details is evident from the moment you reach the gate and doesn't stop until you reach the beach and brings the outside elements in and maximises privacy; wherever you sit facing the ocean, there are no houses - just a spectacular view.